City of Fort Wayne Soil & Water- Watershed Project Manager
Full-time position under the direction of the Director of the Allen County Soil and Water Conservation District. Watershed Project Manager adopts and implements agricultural and urban soil and water conservation practices and increases public awareness of local, state and federal programs.
Base pay is $21.36 per hour at 37.5 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, natural resources, or related field plus one year experience developing land use and/or natural resource management plant and public relations skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of agricultural practices, products, and terminology
- Knowledge of urban water quality issues, trends, impairment sources and current and devleoping conservation practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and related suite
- Ability to type 30 WPM
- Working knowledge of GIS based software
Please click the following link to visit the Allen County Website and apply online: Watershed Project Manager Position. Position is open until filled.
Full information about the job opening can be found at the website linked above or at the document here: Watershed Project Manager – 8-10-2016.
Heartland Restoration Services, Inc.- Restoration Hydrologist
Full-time position in Fort Wayne needed to assist in ecosystem restoration and management projects. Projects may include environmental mitigation, lake and pond shoreline restoration, prairie, woodland, and wetland restoration, stream stabilization, and
general native landscaping. Management may consist of invasive species control utilizing techniques such as mechanical, chemical, and prescribed fire. Duties may also include assisting in all aspects of native plant and seed nursery production.
- Experience/interest in ecological restoration and native plants
- Certified Pesticide Applicator/interest in attaining certification
- College diploma preferred; High School diploma required
- DOT certified/interest in obtaining certification
- General knowledge of outdoor power equipment preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexible schedule
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail documents to:
Heartland Restoration Services, Inc.
c/o: Michael Van Laeken
14921 Hand Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46818
Or fax: (260) 489-8607
For more information and a full description of position responsibilities , click the document link: Restoration Ecologist Job Description
USGS Indiana-Kentucky Water Science Center- Hydrologist
Full-time position in the hydrologic investigations section at the USGS Indiana-Kentucky Water Science Center in Indianapolis, IN. Some specific duties include measuring discharge of streams with a variety of depth and flow conditions, installing and maintaining in-field monitoring stations, and collecting and analyzing data from pumpage records, aquifer test and other geohydrologic data.
Recent Graduate positions lasts for 1 year with eligibility for a permanent or term appointment.
Some travel required, along with both office and field work.
Salary Range: $32,479.00 to $52,302.00 / Per Year
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Recent graduate who has completed their degree within the past two years in physical or natural science, or engineering that included at least 30 semester hours of courses in relevant areas, including calculus and physics (or equivalents)
- Active e-mail address
Visit this website for more information and the application: USAJOBS.
Applications close midnight Eastern Time on July 22nd.
Michigan Natural Features Inventory of Michigan State University- Seasonal Ecologist/Stewardship Coordinator
Temporary position assisting the Michigan Dept of Natural Resources conduct stewardship and restoration activities at parks throughout southeast Michigan, primarily Livingston and Oakland Counties. Position will also coordinate volunteer stewardship program implementing habitat restoration and protection by training, orienting, and leading volunteers.
Approximate start/end dates: June 29, 2016 – January 29, 2017.
40 hrs/week, Wednesday – Sunday
Salary range: $12 – $18 / hr, depending on training and experience
- BS in ecology, botany, biology, natural resource management, restoration, or closely related field preferred
Send cover letter, resume, copy of college transcripts, and three professional references to
Michigan Natural Features Inventory
P.O. Box 30444, Lansing, MI 48909-7944
email applications to email@example.com
Include position number on all application materials, and earliest and latest work availability dates in cover letter
For more information and a full description of position responsibilities , click the document link: Parks Volunteer Coordinator – Position Description.
Have an opportunity you want us to post? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Other places to look: