The Sustainability Coordinator works collaboratively with Purdue University Fort Wayne constituents including administration, faculty, staff, students and community partners to develop, coordinate, promote and celebrate effective sustainability initiatives to reduce the impact of the University and regional community on the environment. The Coordinator will advance the University’s mission to engage with the community, to advance the development of the region through the integration of teaching, service and scholarly research and to develop students’ talents and prepare them for success. Specifically, the Coordinator will work with constituents to provide knowledge, skills and motivation to integrate sustainability into strategic planning, relevant facilities planning and student directed activities. The Coordinator will work closely with the Director for the Environmental Resources Center (ERC) and the Director of Facilities Management to support sustainability initiatives within best practices, creative endeavor, and the needs of the local community.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of life science, environmental science, food systems or some other area that strongly aligns with principles of sustainability
- One year experience in relevant field
- Working knowledge and passion for the concept of sustainability and awareness of the central issues and controversies in the discourse on sustainable development
- Knowledge of sustainability principles and best practices
- A commitment to sustainability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Social media skills
- Analytical and planning skills
- A collaborative, enthusiastic approach
- A commitment to diversity and ability to work with all constituents at a diverse institution
- Comfortable with all Office suite application
- Familiarity with university academic environment
Interested parties can contact Bruce Kingsbury (Bruce.Kingsbury@pfw.edu) with questions, but ultimately must apply online via one of the following links.
Candidates internal to Purdue Fort Wayne would apply at: